Farnham is undoubtedly one of Surrey’s most attractive and well-connected towns, offering a wonderful quality of life for its residents. Excellent schools, convenient transport connections and the opportunity to enjoy acres of stunning countryside all contribute to the high standard of living.
From the array of pretty cobbled courtyards and cafes, to the awe-inspiring historic architecture and plentiful cultural attractions, it’s easy to understand Farnham’s appeal. The beauty of this town, however, is not limited to its ‘chocolate box’ streets; Farnham also offers an impressive modern infrastructure with fast links to London and its airports. Commuters can reach the heart of the Capital in less than an hour by train or 1 hour 30 minutes by road via the A3 or M3.
Outstanding Schools on the Doorstep
The Ashes has been designed with families in mind and is ideally situated close to a variety of highly rated educational establishments. Farnham offers an excellent choice of state and independent schools for children of all ages, providing peace of mind for families relocating to the area. Folly Hill Infant School is within walking distance of The Ashes and has been judged as outstanding in a recent Ofsted inspection. Other notable schools in the local area include South Farnham Junior School, St Polycarp’s Catholic School, Rowledge C of E, All Hallows Catholic School, Frensham Heights, Weydon School and Barfield School.
Community, Culture and Countryside
- Farnham’s medieval deer park offers over 300 acres of delightful countryside and is within walking or cycling distance of The Ashes.
- Alice Holt Forest is a peaceful natural environment for walking and cycling, with plenty of wildlife trails and fun activities for all ages.
- Frensham Pond Sailing Club provides superb sailing and weekend racing for both novice and experienced sailors.
- Farnham boasts some excellent golf courses, including Farnham Park, The Sands and Hankley Common.
- Farnham Maltings is an exciting creative and cultural hub, hosting a variety of craft makers and theatre groups. With a choice of artistic workshops, fitness classes and community meetings, there is something for everyone.